A layout is required for printing printed products.
The layout is an important step in the development of any printed product with the help of design programs, as it ensures that all technological requirements are taken into account.
Without a layout, it is impossible to print the final product.
The cost and timeline
The cost and timeline of our services depend on various factors such as the format, print color (black and white or color), number of print pages, and the volume and quality of information provided (logo, text, illustrations, coordinates, etc.).
If you do not have an original layout, we can create one based on your preferences.
Layouts are accepted in the following formats
Layouts are accepted in the following formats: *.eps, *.pdf, *.cdr, *.psd, *.tif, *.indd created in the following programs: Adobe IIIustrator (up to v.CS4), Adobe Photoshop (up to v.CS4) , Adobe InDesign (up to v.CS4), Corel Draw (up to v.16.0).
*The layout is stored in our archive, and if necessary, you can order this type of product at any time.
- The original layout is accepted on flash drives or by e-mail. When ordering via e-mail, indicate in the cover letter the type of work, edition (number of pieces), the size of the products you plan to order, the number of colors (b/w or full-color printing), the desired production time and contact information.
- All layouts (vector or bitmap) must be in CMYK or Grayscale color model. Black text should be C-0; M-0; Y-0; K-100.
- When using pantone, it is necessary to inform the number(s) of the desired color. Note that Spot-Pantone and Pantone converted to CMYK are different. When choosing a color, you should not trust the image of your monitor. You should also not focus on the print received on the printer.
- The size of the layout should be 1:1, taking into account additional minimums of 6 mm for trimming (3 mm on the perimeter on each side). Important information (logo, text, illustration, etc.) should be placed no closer than 5-10 mm from the cut line.
- For multi-page booklet, brochure, etc. the margins for trimming should be 5 mm each and the margin from the trimming line must be at least 15 mm on each side.
- Light shades of less than 8% and dark shades of more than 92% may not be visible.
- The layout should not have any extraneous elements that will not be used during printing.
- Small details depicted in several colors should be avoided (but within one color is acceptable).
- Elements of a single-color layout should preferably be made in black (С-0; М-0; Y-0; К-100) regardless of the ink used in the print run.
Requirements for multi-page documents (books, brochures):
- The layout must be made in Adobe InDesign layout program (up to v.CS4) or in Adobe PDF format (files of this format must be fully prepared for printing, otherwise the layout will not be accepted).
- When preparing the layout, it is necessary to use triad colors (Cyan, Madgenta, Yellow, Black) and/or use pantone (in this case, it is necessary to specify the exact name of the desired color).
- Due to the availability of technological tolerances for the combination of colors, it is not recommended to make a reverse on a die that consists of more than 2 colors, with a font lighter than the background and smaller than 8 points. Otherwise, the readability of the text may deteriorate.
Requirements for raster graphics
- The layout must be made in Adobe Photoshop (up to v.CS4) and saved in *.tiff format.
- All fonts must be rasterized (or the font must be provided separately).
- Resolution of raster images 300 dpi without compression (in *.tiff format).
- All shading, transparency, etc. in the layout must be rasterized.
Requirements for vector graphics:
- The layout must be made in Adobe Illustrator (up to v.CS4) or Corel Draw (up to v.16.0).
- All fonts must be converted to curves (or provide the font separately). Text that is not translated into a curve may not be displayed correctly.
- In case of using special effects of the Corel Draw program (lens, shadow, transparency, special fills, etc.), they must be rasterized (bitmap), otherwise these effects may not be displayed correctly.
- When using the effects of shadows, transparency, illumination, etc. in the Adobe Illustrator program, you must apply the Object/Appearance operation to them.
- The minimum line thickness should be at least 0.1 mm or 0.3 points.